12.01.2010

Giving Thanks + a Picture

On the morning of Thanksgiving, we received news that our documents have been submitted to court. Woo Hoo! Although I have no idea what exactly that means in the workings of the adoption process in the Ethiopian court system, I am still super excited. Mainly because we were also told that we will likely have a court date in February. Okay, now I can do it. Woo Hoo!!!

The tree is up. Finally. With one lonely ornament hung by Avery. She sweetly tucked it in the very back as if she were hiding an Easter egg. This is the first tree she has ever seen put up in our home. Sad, I know. And, as there wasn’t time for the actual decorating before bed, she insisted that we at least put the star on. So, Keith hoisted her up as she attempted to attach it. Of course, I yelled at him to put her down while I grabbed the camera. This is a first that must be recorded.

Sorry. Were you expecting a picture of the Boys? It really is against the rules.

The stockings are hung with care. Just 3 for now. The only hold-up on hanging the other 2 is that I'll have to purchase 2 additional stocking hangers at the full BEFORE-Christmas price. That’s just not how I generally operate. However, Avery is already saving seats for the boys at her table, and I'm sure she will protest. I'll go to Target today.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! God's peace, Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are gonna need a bigger kitchen table... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! My sister is adopting two girls from the Ukraine next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica:

    Avery is so cute putting her touch on the tree; how darling. I am so excited for all of you.

    Love ya

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats guys! You are getting closer every day. I know right now it doesn't feel that way, but the process will go so fast...you'll have those boys home before you know it. Before long you'll feel like they have been part of your family forever! I'm praying for you guys and can't wait to see you bring them home.

    ReplyDelete